Bringing your gateway infrastructure into the future and enabling low-power long-range networks has never been easier. OccamSmart’s mPCIe Smart Gateway Card, for use in LoRa®-based and LoRaWANTM networks, allows you to easily add low-power long-range capabilities to your new gateway design or existing gateway infrastructure by simply installing the card into your device.
The mPCIe Smart Gateway Card delivers an easy-to-use solution for data communication in a long range, low power wireless LoRa®-based network. Each module provides eight LoRa®-based receive channels. In addition, two auxiliary receive channels are provided for LoRa® and FSK modulation. Beyond its receiver capability, the device offers a single flexible transmit channel. This transmit channel is capable of modulation at multiple bandwidths for a LoRa®-based network or FSK/GFSK.
Unlike other boards, OccamSmart’s mPCIe Smart Gateway Card incorporates a dedicated microcontroller in its design. This offloads the low-level radio-specific operations from the host device to the gateway card, decreasing host overhead and simplifying processing.
- Supports RF packets for a LoRa®-based network
- Eight receive and one transmit channel(s)
- Two auxiliary receive channels
- Full-sized mPCIe compliant form factor
- Available with either serial or mPCIe compliant USB interface
- Environmentally friendly RoHS compliant
- US Version: certified to FCC modular transmitter standards (915 MHz certification pending)
- EU Version: certified to R&TTE RF standards (868 MHz certification pending)
- Firmware upgradeable
- Single operating voltage: 3.3 VDC +/- 10%
- Available for industrial (SX1301) and commercial (SX1308) temperature ranges
- Supports LoRa®-based and FSK (EU only) modulations
- Integrated frequency matched RF front end, RF transceiver, baseband processor, and MCU for reduced host overhead
Gateways for LoRa®-based networks have been deployed in many market segments, including:
- Home and Building Automation
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Machine to Machine (M2M)
- Internet of Things (IoT)